Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014

The joy of crying over fictional characters...

If people ever look down upon you for crying for fictional characters, you should give them a gentle, pitying look and feel bad for them. If they’ve never cried for a fictional character, then they’ve never loved one (and what a joy that is). If they’ve never cried at a book, a movie, a piece of music, then they’ve missed one of the great pleasures life has to offer. Just because fiction does not contain things that are real doesn’t mean it doesn’t contain truth, and we find it through the alchemy of our tears.

Cassandra Clare


I love this quote, couldn't say it better... I cry a lot over fictional characters, somethimes I think too much. But it's a great feeling to be emotionally involved with something so deeply that it feels so real that you can't just hold onto you. And you're happy when they are happy and sad when they're sad, and you're devasteted when something horrible happens.
This wonderful moments when you can't read on, you have to close the book, close your eyes and just feel the emotions running through you, the joy or the pain or the grief (and sometimes all of it at once)...

Movie I cried the most about: I think it's 'Les Miserable' (2013). I started crying two seconds after the movie started and stopped approximately half an hour after the movie ended.

Book I cried the most about: 'The fault in our stars' by John Green. I don't think there has been or will ever be another book which made me cry so hard, but it's beautiful nontheless. And the upcoming movie has a good chance to become the movie I cried the most about too ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen