Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014

50 Questions: 1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

I often think about this, at least everytime when someone is really surprised when they first learn how old I am. I don't look my age. And I certainly don't 'act' my age.

Most of the time I don't feel any different than 10 years ago, when I was 21. Hell, most of the time I don't feel any different from me when I was 18.

When I think about the fact that my mother was the age I'm now when I was 7 years old, I'm really stunned, because she seemed so grown up and serious to me, she was an adult and I NEVER ever feel like I'm an adult.
I feel as lost and alone and damaged as I felt being 18, and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, or if in reality EVERYBODY feels this way and just doesn't show it. Maybe what differs 'adults' from 'non adults' is the ability to hide this uncertainty better than others, to fake confidence and maturity and act like you have figuered out life and everything.

To answer the question, if I didn't know how old I am, maybe I would guess I were around 18 to 20 years old..... (and there's a good chance I will feel like this until I'm 90...)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen